A PROACTIVE APPROACH TO CHALLENGES
The strategy aim to structure an action plan that includes visions of environmental sustainability,adaptation and mitigation of climate change related effects and a better quality of life for citizenship with a holistic and inclusive approach clustering local and national stakeholders.
CIRCULAR PATH TO EMPOWER CITY CAPACITY BUILDING
- To define a shared and inclusive strategy.
- To establish priorities and tool to prevent, limit damages.
- To strengthen the urban, economic and social dimension of the city.
To write an Action Plan with cross-cutting elements such as:
- legislation/regulation that support resilience of the territories;
- effective PPP models to foster the transition to a resilient sustainable economy;
- funding instruments framework to support the identified actions.
The strategy is based on 3 assets concerning different areas:
Regards the innovative development of infrastructures, and the proper use of existing ones.
The subsets of the asset gray are:
- innovative planning.
Concerns urban regeneration and climate changes.
The subsets of the green asset are:
- adaptation (to climate changes);
- Sustainable Development;
- Local Urban Agenda
- SECAP (Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan).
Deals with the economic and social impacts on communities and businesses.
The subsets of the soft asset are:
- Vulnerability (analysis);
- Costs/benefits (analysis);
- Information/knowledge tool;
- Resilient community;
- Welfare and related measures;
- Integrated planning;
- Socio-economic tissue;
- Resilience in processes and organizations.
INCLUSIVE APPROACH: STAKEHOLDER CO-OWNERSHIP AND LEADERSHIP
Nowadays all the main initiatives of a city foresee a participatory enabling process to reach a better working on the ground. The City of Genoa foster the qualyfing perspective of a long term stakeholder engagement starting from the beginning in co-design the new Resilience strategy for the city.
With a new methodology of clustering stakeholder we gather 250 stakeholder as general contributors, 93 as active participants and 46 that after a progressive process could finally help in taking the coownership of the future actions that will fullfill the Action Plan.
Working together in thematic groups with:
- Local Politicians
- Head of Units of the municipality
- Multi sectoral and associated categories representatives
- Multi leve governance delegates
- SME and Industry
- Research representatives