International Boat Show
Almost 1000 exhibitors, 190,000 visitors in 2019
International Ballet Festival Nervi
Events scheduled for July 2020
Open days of the 42 Unesco World Heritage Palaces
The Genoa Science Festival
Science in an innovative and fascinating way
International Poetry Festival
Since 1995 the most important poetry festival in Italy
Genoa is a city of theatres, museums, historical libraries, churches and precious ancient buildings. Among these, the ancient “Palazzi dei Rolli”, UNESCO heritage.
- Genoa is a growing, lively tourist destination, which offers to the visitor a wide range of experiences, mixing the richness of an art and culture capital, the charm of the sea, the suggestiveness of its colours and tastes.
- In addition to the 42 historic UNESCO buildings and the Aquarium, tourism is attracted by the wide range of cultural, food and wine and landscaping that Genoa and Liguria can offer.
- Genoa is close to coastal villages of Portofino, Santa Margherita, the Cinque Terre, Porto Venere, Sanremo, well known for their fascinating landscapes.
- Liguria is the first region in Italy for density of cultural heritage (270.9 assets every 100km2). Genoa has proven to be the favourite departure port for Italians in 2018.
- Genoa’s port is one of the country’s major tourist ports, with more than 3m passengers per year. Since 2017 it is part of a wider portual system, including Savona and Vado Ligure. Genoa is a principal destination of the MSC cruise company; and in 2019 the city will also host a Costa Crociere route.